I wasn't about to return to work for just any job; this one fit so many of my criteria and more. I know I'm in the stage of the initial high, but I'm hoping reality doesn't crash down on me too soon.
What strikes me as so wonderful - almost miraculous - is how far I've come in my life with my hard work, perseverance and God's grace. Starting from nothing, I never thought I might actually come this far and I'm humbled and proud at the same time.
What's also great is that this opportunity almost fell from the sky. I haven't been pursuing employment, I was trying to bow out of the corporate world and was trying to get my freelance writing going. I never wanted to be a ladder climber; I pictured hard-core career women as aggressive and obsessively driven (which is not really me).
So giddy to be child-free for a eight hours in the day! My brain will be able to function again! (Hopefully).
- I won't live up to their expectations
- They won't live up to my expectations
- My house will become more chaotic
- I'll miss my l'il chicken hawk
- I won't be able to keep up with my hobbies
- I won't be able to keep up with blogging and freelance writing
- I won't be able to keep up with my volunteering
- I won't be able to do a good professional job
- They will find out that I'm really a dumb ass
- My kids will miss me and think I'm neglectful