|Royalty in Medieval Times, Buena Park|
Here are some of the cool things I've/we've done so far:
- Went to Crystal Cove beach and saw dolphins
- Swam at the pool
- Ran through the sprinkler in the backyard
- 4th of July celebration and fireworks at the local community center
- Family bike ride along the Aliso Woods trail
- Medieval Times in Buena Park
- Gym time several times
- One episode of enjoyable sex
- Monsters University movie
- Farmers Market
- Irish Fair at Irvine Lake
- Nature walk
- Work trip to Washington D.C.
|Laguna Coast Wilderness Park | Photo Credit: OCParks.com|
Here are some other activities we have scheduled or are on our radar for the summer:
- Camping at Big Bear
- Visit to Seattle to hang out with friends and family
- San Diego Wild Animal Park
- Del Mar hotel stay
- Mission Beach San Diego beach bum family reunion
- Stand Up Paddling in Mission Bay
- Lego Land Water Park
- Long Beach Aquarium
- Hike the trail off Laguna Canyon Road
- Take the Sea Doo out on the water
- Ice skating at Aliso Viejo Ice Palace
- Sky High trampoline center
- Discovery Science Center
- Board game nights
- Play tennis together
- Laguna Beach
- Set up activities for the chickadees: gymnastics, dance, tennis, piano and/or karate.
- Celebrating our 10 year anniversary in Napa, Sonoma or Santa Barbara (which will hopefully lead to more sexcapades)
Already, this list is pretty ambitious and some tend to be a little pricey, but I'm all about making happy memories for the kids. For me, I love the outdoors and fun that doesn't cost much. I become exhilarated with a sense of freedom and youth when I'm out enjoying nature. I also really want the chickadees to get proficient and passionate about swimming and bike riding and nature hikes.
We are thinking we may do Disneyland in September or October, but I'm irritated about their extremely expensive ticket prices and wish we could just avoid them altogether. But our L'il Chicken Hawk will turn 3 in December and I'd like to go one more time when he's still free. I swear you have to take a small loan out to go to Disneyland when you're a family of five. It's crazy.
I hope your summer vacation is a blast and that you enjoy the simple things in life that create family memories. Let me know if you think there's something missing from my bucket list that we should do this summer.
|AD: Get 10% off beach lifestyle gear!|