Please see this media alert below about this cool new partnership and launch event in Los Angeles. I apologize for the mere pasting of the media alert, but I am a working mom of three kids, it's Sunday and I'm in a rush to get to the park before the L'il Chicken Hawk burns the house down.
If you end up going, let me know how it goes!!! I'm envious! We'll be on a spring break road trip to the Grand Canyon!! woot woot!
SWEET! AT HOLLYWOOD & HIGHLAND CENTER PARTNERS WITH RENOWNED ARTIST AND CONSERVATIONIST WYLAND TO LAUNCH FIRST-EVER WYLAND GALLERY IN LOS ANGELES
Celebrates with April 12th Grand Opening & Interactive Event from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
WHAT: Sweet! at Hollywood & Highland Center is proud to partner with world-renowned marine life artist and conservationist, Wyland on the first ever Wyland Gallery in Los Angeles. Bringing together Wyland’s art with the world of candy, the partnership will introduce a whole new line of Wyland candy, chocolate, and chocolate sculpture as well as Wyland original artwork and giclees. The first-of-its-kind, Wyland Gallery of Hollywood will be located inside the South Side of SWEET!, the store’s 28,000 square-foot flagship at H&H. Renowned for his famed murals, Wyland has been a leading advocate in the effort to protect the world’s ocean resources for more than twenty-five years.
In celebration, Sweet!, Hollywood & Highland, and the Wyland Foundation LLC are commemorating the grand opening with an all-day event melding art, conservation and candy.
WHEN: 11:00AM – 2:00PM at Hollywood & Highland Center
- Passport Distribution Booth where families and kids can receive Sweet!/ Wyland passports to be stamped at the below stations (Prizes will be given for each completed passport!):
- Chocolate Station with Sweet! Chocolatier, Richard Ruskell, the Food Network’s top winning chef
- Experiential 24-foot Wyland Mobile Learning Center a 1,000 square foot interactive exhibit on wheels dedicated to demonstrating how water shapes our lives.
- Mayor’s Challenge Kiosk set-ups for pledge drive for the National Mayor's Challenge for Water Conservation on conservation and recycling of this vital resource.
- Gigantic Wyland Chocolate Sculpture, Candy-Decorating, Sculpting
- Canvas Paintings with Notable Artists in H&H Orange Court
- Art Contest for Kids, where kids design their own candy bar packaging
- Tours of Wyland Gallery at Sweet! Hollywood
- Stamping and Instagram photo at each activity station
- Special hashtag to be created specific to Wyland Gallery Opening
- Prize will be given for each completed passport
- One percent of all proceeds from Sweet! on April 12th will directly support the environmental education and outreach programs of the Wyland Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, founded in 1993 to promote, protect and preserve our world's ocean, waterways and marine life.
WHO: Open to the Public
WHEN: Saturday, April 12, 2014 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
WHERE: Hollywood & Highland Center, 6801 Hollywood Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90028.